I’m excited to say that my office is officially DONE!! Ok, with the exception of some dried flowers for a vase, but, I am LOVING working in this space everyday! As many of you know, one of my goals for 2012 was to have previewing and/or ordering sessions in my at-home office for all in-town clients. When Todd and I chose this apartment it was specifically chosen with the downstairs extra bedroom to be used as my office, with an attached full bath. We also chose an apartment that not only impresses for what little square footage is has due to the high ceilings that look up into a loft area, but we also chose an apartment located right on a main road. It’s not super busy or loud on this street, plus we have an access road so there’s no traffic, which makes it easy for clients to find us.
And so, I started my slowest season taking some time to spruce up the place, but couldn’t afford to put much money into it. I love all my DIY projects and thrifty finds, so I’ll also tell you where items are from (since I love when people tell me where they scored their swag). I already had 3 clients here within the first week and not only did I feel much more organized, but I felt more established… as if it raised my credibility a notch. I’m not just a girl with a camera trying to make a few bucks – I am a small business owner! And so, welcome to the updated home of Leslie Savage Photography.
1. This gorgeous couch is from Target online, believe it or not. People are always shocked when I tell them that! Just search “setee” or “tufted” on Target’s site and you’ll be shocked at what you find!! I waited until this puppy went on sale and snatched it up! Might I also add, out of our entire home, it’s the ONLY large piece of furniture that I have ever purchased. Yep, I rule. Oh wait… minus an IKEA dresser. Darn. Anyway, my gift card at World Market scored me the pillow and the cute rustic colored pencils. Burlap frames were $2 on clearance last year at Hobby Lobby, but they had UGLY decals that I ripped off, added lace, inserted photos, and wa-la! My business cards are from Miller’s lab & the cute holder from Ruche. Might I point out… that canvas does not look overly huge, does it? Once prints are on a wall they shrink in size. This canvas is 20×30, so clients – order BIG! Show off those stunning images!
2. I am in love. I needed a cool coffee table with a zero budget, so my hubby’s sweet skills came to the rescue! We got some free palettes, he ripped them apart and reassembled, then faintly brushed on some antique white paint. The legs we had planned didn’t work out so I bought these cheap-o X-style tables from IKEA, attached them and painted them to match. Now, if a small child decided to sit on the table it would topple over, but the makeshift legs will do, at least for now. The rug (purchased 2 years ago with coupons at JCPenney) wasn’t chosen for the room but with our new puppy in the other room, she started to chew into this rug so I quickly relocated it into my office. I think the pop of color actually works nicely. A few more things – lace curtains were purchased for $5 for 4 off of craigslist. I sewed the pillows out of leftover burlap fabric from my wedding and sewed on $2 clearance placemats from Target (I also already had two old pillow inserts).
3. On the coffee table is this cuteness, plus I put out all my sample albums & products when clients come over. The tray was on clearance at Michael’s, the coasters are an old thrift store find, candle from TJMaxx, and the green candles were Christmas clearance so I dressed them up with burlap & lace.
4. On the left I got cheap shelving from IKEA & quickly filled the space :) Green lanterns were found on sale last summer at Crate & Barrel and purchased for my wedding. Letterpress prints are from Etsy; I used a Hobby Lobby giftcard (thanks, Kelsey Skaggs!) for the mini card catalogue; I am just missing some dried baby’s breath that I want for the tea tin and the mason jars in the wire basket. THEN the office is done :) Other items, just inquire if you really care where it’s from. On the right – my desk was an old sewing table that I got for $10 at a garage sale. Todd painted & distressed it. The shelving was from Goodwill that I painted & added knobs to match. Chair and filing box from IKEA.
5. Ok, if anyone from LeaderTreks is reading this, you win points if you know where those drawers are from! They were once brown and held the coffee pot in the old kitchen! I painted them and added cool knobs from Hobby Lobby (it’s really amazing how paint can make things like new). The dried flowers in the vase is actually my wedding bouquet :) Oh, and no photo from within my home is ever complete without kitty somehow sneaking in the shot. She’s my office assistant and never knew a stranger… she will sit on anyone’s lap who stops by if you let her. However I think in this photo she was hiding from puppy in the other room :)
I also have a cute bathroom attached to my office with green & yellow vintage glass and some antique family prints from my Dad’s family, but I didn’t post those images. I hope that you love it, and please know that you are welcome in my office at anytime! The Keurig is always ready, and some Shiner beer or an assortment of wine is always on hand :) Even more so, I hope that you come in here to view your images and place an order for some 20×30 canvases for your OWN home! ;) (might I add, canvases are currently 25% off, only through the 14th!)